I GAME, THEREFORE I AM

Geeks and Gamers of the world UNITE!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Episode 21 or Q1 2012 Preview



What's up party people!  2012 is in full swing and the games are lining up.   Resident Evil 6, GTA 5, HALO 4, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, and Kingdoms of Amalur.  See what I did there???  I believe a nice preview of the games that caught my attention in Quarter 1 is in order!  And those are MLB12 The Show, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and Mass Effect 3.  Let's get it on!!



MLB12 THE SHOW (PS3/Vita)

While I'm not a fan of most sports games, the exception has been and will always be THE SHOW.  I AM a huge baseball fan, so this one is right in my wheelhouse.  MLB11 was supurb!  The controls were tight, the animations spot on and the feel of the game was right on.  This year, the animations look even better!  Plus the announcers won't be repeating themselves as much, which is always good.  Also on deck is an improved "Road To The Show" mode, where you can create a ball player and take them through the minors and finally make it to the Majors.  Sony continually puts out the highest rated sports games in MLB THE SHOW franchise and looks to keep the streak alive!  Look for it on shelves 3-6-12.


Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning(360, PS3, PC)

This title caught my eye late last year.  The team making this game is a venerable who's who!  Ken Rolsten - lead designer of Elder Scrolls III Morrowind and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, R.A. Salvatore - NY Times best selling author (The man who killed Chewbacca), Todd McFarlane - Creator of Spawn.  Oh and the company making the game?  Owned by World Series Champion and former Red Sox Ace Curt Schilling!  Impressed yet?  I've played the demo and was pleasantly surprised!  The freeflow combat and expansive open world was really cool!  The best way to describe it is Fable mixed with Oblivion/Skyrim, a dash of Dragon Age and the conversation wheel from Mass Effect!  Still not convinced?  Download the demo on XBOX Live or the PSN and find out for yourself!  Plus if you do, you get awesome goodies for Mass Effect 3!  KoA: R drops 2-7-12


YEAH BUDDY!  It's MASS EFFECT 3!!!(360, PS3, PC)

Words cannot describe how badly I want this game!  Everything about this game screams EPIC!!!  The scale and scope, the emotional attachment, the multiplayer!!  It all comes down to this!  The war begins and ends here!  With customizable weapons, both new and returning crewmates, and an import feature second to none.  Perhaps that's why I love this series so much.  It's MY game.  My Shepard.  MY choices.  Your game will be different and unique!  Did you romance Liara?  Leave Kaiden to die?  Punch the reporter?  Watching all the videos, staring at the screenshots, it's hard to imagine this game is going to be below my lofty expectations.  With the demo dropping on Valentine's Day, I have a date with my XBox.  And now, you do too!  The war for Earth begins 3-6-12!

NEXT TIME:  Review of the Demo of ME3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment